What should I do about a noise complaint?
Contact the Gainesville Police Department at (352) 955-1818 and give the call taker the location where the noise is coming from and what type of noise it is. An officer will respond and determine if the noise violates current noise ordinance provision. If a violation is verified, the offender may be warned or cited, depending on how many times the site is visited and a violation observed within the time frame specified by City Ordinance. The complainant does not need to agree to have the officer contact him/her during the investigation of the noise complaint.
Back To FAQ List

Request in process, please wait...